The Moment
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Some relationships become so familiar that we can tend to forget, rush, and assume. We feel like we’ll have forever. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. And feeling like we have forever cheapens the right now feelings.

Each morning I have a routine with my husband. He asks me to help him pick a tie. He then goes away to fuss with it and soon returns with a flipped up collar and a pressed down, knotted tie. He needs me to fold the collar over.
It’s just a moment. But it’s something I would miss with the deepest ache imaginable if today was the last of those moments.

Our relationship isn’t perfect. No relationship is. But…Great love is two people making the choice to be a match. To fold his collar over - savor the gift of this simple moment and find myself grateful.
For more encouragement for imperfect marriages, click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Capture His Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

Capture Her Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits