Connecting In The Car
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

The other day a friend asked me why I drive my kids to school instead of having them ride the bus. Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My boys go to a school that doesn’t have bus service, so it's not an option, but even if it was, I’d still drive them in the morning. Ever since they were little, I’ve noticed that talking and praying with my kids in the car is a great way to connect. It gives me the chance to encourage them before their day starts with all the stress and strain of school and peer pressure.

I know we can’t all drive our kids to school. But we can all look for ways to connect with them. The car’s a great place to do it because there are fewer distractions and we’re all together in the same place. Whether we’re on the way to school, the grocery story, or wherever, it's a great time to talk, and listen!

How do you connect with your kids? Let me know by clicking on Renee’s blog when you visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Click here to visit Renee’s Blog for more encouragement.

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Michille said...

I got up on the wrong side of the bed this past week, grumbling, cold, tired, and crabby. Said to my 13 year old as we were walking out the door "why is it that I don't make you ride the bus?" He just went on as if he didn't hear me, chatting about classes and activities he had happening that day. I heard this post on K-love as I was driving back home, after the long 4 minute drive to his school :)and quickly thanked God for his reminder and for allowing me to connect with my son and pray for him each morning as I drop him off at school.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits