Chargrilled Biscuits
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

You know that smell of burnt popcorn in the microwave? Worst smell ever, right? Wrong! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

A biscuit wrapped in foil cooked until the inside of the microwave literally melts away- that’s the worst smell ever!

The melted-microwave-chargrilled-biscuit smell was the result of my son deciding his biscuit should cook for a good long time.

Two thoughts started battling for what would happen next. Thought number one: Pitch a justifiable hissy fit. Thought number two: Remember you need grace so you should give grace.

I felt like reacting out of thought number 1. But, somehow, I made the conscious choice to let thought number 2 reign me in.

My son learned how difficult it is to rid a house of horrific smells and I learned I actually do have the capacity and the ability to pause and allow space for grace in my heart. For more visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Pamela Watson said...

Thank you for reminding us that we need to give our kids grace, just as our Lord God give us not only grace, but mercy; and His mercies are NEW EVERY MORNING!!! How GREAT is HIS faithfulness and love towards us!!!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits