Taming My Tongue
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve regretted something I said, I’d be rich! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

In the Bible, James said that “no man (or woman) can tame the tongue.” So, I guess he struggled with mastering that little pink thing inside his mouth, too. That made me feel so much better the other day when I was mean to my son and kinda rude to my husband. I realized I need to stop and ask God help me think before I speak. You know the good thing is, God also gave us tongues to say kind things – with a gentle tone and patient attitude.

I don’t know about you, but I need to ask God every morning to help me control the words that come out of my mouth. I want to use them for good – and say things that build up my family and other people around. Maybe we can share ideas on how to work on this together. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Just visit proverbs31.org, and click on Renee’s blog.

Related Resources:

30 Days to Taming Your Tongue by Deborah Smith Pegues

Proverbs 31 Encouragement for Today Devotions – Sign up Today

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits