Understanding the Bible
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracy

Sometimes I think it’d be easier to learn Chinese than to completely understand the Bible! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I’ve been reading the Bible in two translations- one that’s more traditional and one that’s written in more of an everyday language. But, no matter how simple the language, there are still some things that happened and some concepts that I struggle to understand.

A friend told me that even though she had formal training in the Bible it’s hard for her too. So, when it comes to reading AND understanding the Bible, what do we do? There are books and commentaries that can help. But, I’ve found that asking God’s Spirit to help me understand what I’m reading is crucial!

The Bible itself says if we lack wisdom, or understanding, we should ask God for help. So, I’m doing a LOT of asking and starting to gain a little more understanding! For more encouragement log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Everyday Life, Into the Word, by Rachel Olsen

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle B of NC said...

Thanks

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits