My Father’s Love
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My son wouldn’t fall asleep so my husband decided to try a new sleeping aid for kids! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My husband JJ was trying to help our six-year-old settle down for bed. He rubbed his head hoping that would calm him down. Then he told him a story and sang a Bible song, but Andrew just kept twisting and turning.

Finally JJ prayed that God would help Andrew fall asleep!

JJ remembered something he’d read in the Bible that morning about His Heavenly Father’s “unconditional” love – and how it helped him get through a stressful day at work by remembering God’s love isn’t based on his performance.

JJ sensed that’s what his son needed to know, too, so he took his face in his hands and said, ”Andrew, I love you, and I will always love you – no matter what!” Andrew whispered, “I love you, too, Daddy!” - and he rested in his father’s love. Two minutes later he was sound asleep!

For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

His Princess, Love Letters from Your King by Sherri Rose Shepherd

Searching for Satisfaction CD by Renee Swope


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits