Seeking Significance
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Sometimes we can get stuck feeling like we’re just a mom or just a wife? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I used to get down on myself thinking that the things I did as a mom, wife or even as a friend didn’t really make a difference. I’d ask God to show me something significant He wanted to do with my life, but I couldn’t see it happening.

Well, one afternoon God started to change my perspective. My neighbor, Janet, came over to thank me for a thank-you note I’d sent her. It was JUST a thank you note, but to Janet it was more. Some things I’d written had really touched her heart and it meant a lot to her.

I began to realize, I wasn’t JUST a mom; JUST a wife; or JUST anything! I was a significant part of God’s plan to encourage my family and my neighbor. I didn’t need to look for some significant way God was going to use me. I just needed to see that where I was serving, was significant.

For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org!

Related Resources

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Pre-order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits