No More Silent Treatments
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently my husband hurt my feelings so I resorted to the ever so mature silent treatment. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Can you relate? Well, I was so upset that I called a friend who I was sure would understand and say something to make me feel better. But what she said actually pierced my heart and helped to change my perspective. She asked me, “Lysa, if you knew something might happen to Art today and he’d never come home again, would this situation really matter?” Suddenly, my hurt was put into perspective and my outlook was completely different. Instead of the silent treatment I called my husband and gently told him why his statement had hurt my feelings. The anger and hurt had dissipated and, thanks to my wise friend, I was free to live the rest of that day with no regrets.

For more marriage tips, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries and click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Everyday Life, Attack of the Killer Weeds, by Paula Friedrichsen

What A Husband Needs From His Wife, by Melanie Chitwood

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits