Dots
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Sometimes a children’s book can have so much to say about my grown-up life.

Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

One of my favorite stories is “You are Special” by Max Lucado. At the end of the story, the main character is learning to deal with the dots people have stuck to him. The dots are symbolic of the labels people tend to put on each other.

The “aha” moment comes when the boy is told, “The dots only stick if you let them.”

I know it’s a kids story but as an adult these words were an epiphany to me. It was a moment of complete revelation to understand the simple principal of not letting other people’s opinions and comments define me.

Over the years I’ve learned to embrace the mantra, “Don’t let other’s compliments go to your head nor their criticisms go to your heart.”

It’s not easy, but it is quite the start to embracing who I’m meant to be. For more visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits