A Cardboard Sign
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst


I was stopped at a red light when I saw her. A woman with a cardboard sign. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Her sign read: “Help me please. God bless.”

Suddenly I was struggling with what exactly I should do in that moment. One part of me warned, “If you give her money, she’ll buy alcohol and drugs. Don’t enable this woman. It’s probably a scam.”

But the other part of me said, “Lysa, your job is obedience. Just give and trust God with the rest. Even if she is doing something wrong with the money, don’t you think God can still use your act of kindness for good?”

The traffic started to move and I had to make a decision. I quickly handed a few dollars out the window with a smile. And, in that brief instant that I was able to look her directly in the eyes, I knew that I’d made the right choice!

For more on hearing God’s voice in a chaotic world, visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources

Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst



1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle B of NC said...

That has been me before. Thank God for people like u.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits