Losing Stuff
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently my husband and I returned home from vacation only to discover that our camera was missing. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. And I have to admit I cried. Not so much over the lost camera as over the lost pictures. I know it sounds silly but I was so sad I prayed that God would either help us find the camera or give me a peace about this loss. Later that day, I wrote down what I felt I needed to remember:

First, keep it in perspective.

And, secondly, don’t let this loss take the joy out of the memories of our trip.

Ultimately, the camera and the photos are just stuff. Many people are dealing with situations today that are far beyond this. So, I’m thankful for the memories, hopeful for the return of the camera, but OK if we never get it back.

For more daily life perspectives, log on to Proverbs 31 Ministries and click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free Devotion, When The Bubbles Pop, by Joanne Sampl

Get Over It and On With it, by Michelle McKinney Hammond

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits