Clean as You Go
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

The other day I came home from a fun outing with my kids and realized how messy the house was! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Quickly my mood went from happy, happy to mad and demanding. My husband pulled me aside after watching me rant and rave for a few minutes and asked a very simple question: “Why did you let everyone go on a fun outing without first having them clean up? If you’d told them before you left what needed to be done the thrill of going out would have motivated everyone and you could have come home relaxed.”

He was right.

I’ve taken his advice on several occasions and it’s amazing how it has reduced my stress. And what if the kids don’t cooperate with the clean before we go plan? Well, then we cancel the outing and I get to take a bubble bath. Now that’s a beautiful plan!

For more encouragement as a mom, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free Devotion, Thanking God for Tests, by Glynnis Whitwer

Get Over It and On With It, by Michelle McKinney Hammond

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits