Marriage-Changing Prayer
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My efforts to change my husband weren’t working, so I prayed that God would change him for me! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries

Well, that didn’t work either! God showed me that my critical spirit only makes JJ feel inadequate as a husband - which makes him shut down and become indifferent. I eventually realized that I was also adding to many things that can destroy my husband’s confidence as a man.God showed me that JJ needed me to be his greatest cheerleader, his biggest supporter and to use my words and prayers to build him up, not tear him down. So, I started praying that God would change me, instead.

And you know what? God helped me notice and encourage things I appreciate about JJ. God also helped me hold my tongue when JJ did something I didn't like or led in a way I didn't want to follow. God changed me! And JJ became an even better husband than I ever prayed he’d be! For more marriage encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Practical Ways to Show Your Husband Respect

What a Husband Needs from His Wife by Melanie Chitwood


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits