Feelings
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Yesterday was a rough for one of my kids that’s not too fond of getting up early. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

On the way to school on this oh so pleasant morning, we were having quite the bonding moment as I explained to her that her actions were unacceptable and there would be consequences.

She complained that when she doesn’t feel like being nice, she can’t act nice. I simply replied that our feelings should be indicators not dictators. Feelings can show us where our hearts are but that doesn’t mean they have the right to boss us around at any given moment.

Now don’t get me wrong, I think it’s good to feel, but God gave us more than a heart by which to process life. He gave us a mind as well. And what my daughter needed to learn that day was that our minds help to keep our hearts in check and on course.

For more, click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources


Visit Lysa’s Blog


Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TeKeurst

Am I Messing Up My Kids?...and other Questions Every Mom Asks by Lysa TerKeurst




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits