This is Love
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Sometimes I wonder…what makes my child feel loved? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

One morning last week I was driving my son, Andrew, to school and asked him, “What makes you feel loved?”

He thought for a minute and the he said, "THIS."

"This?" I asked him.

"Yea. This. You being with me mom. When you drive me to school and talk to me about my day. And when you tell me that you’re gonna be there when I get home. That makes me feel loved and secure. Thanks mom, bye!"And, he hopped out of the car.

As I drove away, I kept thinking - This is love?

You mean I don't have to go out and buy his favorite toy or take him to a movie? Just being there is love. Keeping my promises is love. Caring about him and listening to him makes him feel loved?

Yes – this is love! Wow – that seems so simple yet it’s so powerful. For more encouragement, (visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at), visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

This is Love a free devotion by Renee Swope

The Mom I Want to Be by Suzie Eller



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits