Racing and Reeling
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A couple years ago my teenage son asked if he could take his brother and sisters to go get ice cream and I said, “Sure, let’s go.” But, that wasn’t the plan. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

“No, Mom!” My son tried to explain, “We sort of want to go just us kids!” My heart seized. What if something horrific happened? My brain started racing and reeling.

I stood at the front window of my house chewing my nails and I realized I had a choice. I asked God to help me park my mind on the truth. The Bible says each of my kids has been assigned by God a certain number of days and that nothing will take God by surprise. Now, I can’t say that remembering this took away all my fears, but it sure did comfort my Mom heart!

For more on learning to let go and trust God, click on Lysa’s blog when you visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Am I Messing Up My Kids?...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits