Unmet Expectations
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Why doesn’t he listen to me? I told him we’d get something to eat on the way to the airport! Now he’s cooking breakfast and we’re going to be late! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’m exhausted and did I mention, we’re running late? I’ve been packing suitcases, making arrangements for the dogs to stay at a kennel, and making sure I have assignments from the kid’s teachers while we’re out of town. I feel like my brain is “control central” and it’s up to me to make it all happen.

I guess that’s my problem!! I feel like I have to make it all happen. The way I talked to JJ was really harsh. I hate it when he talks to me that way and now I’ve done it to him! I need to go apologize. God, help me slow down and process my stress with you. Help me release control of my plans and give you control of my words and impatience. For more encouragement in trusting God in your everyday life, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
A Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer, by Cheri Fuller

Joey and the Jeep, May 2, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits