Finding Mr. Right
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope with Van Walton

Do you remember dreaming about the man you’d marry? I sure do! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I remember wondering if I’d ever get married. But, as I waited I learned it wasn’t just important for me to find Mr. Right. I had to know who I was looking for. Through prayer and the advice of friends I came up with a list of qualities that I wanted in the man I would spend my life with. I wanted to marry for friendship, not just romance, so I prayed for someone I could connect with, appreciate, and respect. I also wanted to marry someone who was comfortable with my friends and loved God more than he loved me. And, I wanted a relationship where I could give, not just take.

Well, after being married for 14 years, I can see how finding a husband with these traits has helped my marriage. And, I’ve realized that there really is only one perfect Man – Jesus – and my relationship with Him is what matters most. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

“When to Say, ‘I Do’,” November 16, 2006, Online Daily Devotion

Beautiful in God’s Eyes, by Elizabeth George


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits