My Actions Speak Loudly
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I came across a quote the other day that really challenged me. It said, “Who you are speaks so loudly, I can barely hear what you’re saying.” Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I guess actions do speak louder than words. This quote made me think about who I say I am as I’m driving in traffic, or waiting on a slow sales clerk, or deciding whether to return a shopping cart to the store or leave it hoisted up on a curb in the parking lot. Sometimes, it’s easy to say the right things but so much harder to live them out. So, today I’m going to think about my actions more- especially when my schedule gets tight, my energy runs low and my temper gets triggered. I think I’ll pray and ask God to give me the courage to make the kinds of choices that honor who He’s made me to be. For more spiritual encouragement, click on Everyday Life at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:
A Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer, by Cheri Fuller

Pop Goes The Weasel, June 5, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits