Simple Things Matter
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ve discovered that simple, everyday acts of kindness in my marriage can really make a difference. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. My husband and I are busy and sometimes it’s hard to make our marriage a priority. Can you relate? It’s easy to slip into a mode where we operate more like business partners than husband and wife. But I’ve found a good way to break this cycle is to look for simple acts of kindness that we can do for each other that make a big difference. For example Art loves fruit so each week I make a big fruit salad. When he comes home at night, I stop whatever I’m doing to greet him. When I’m out of town for a speaking engagement, I know he’s at home with the kids, praying for me. And, once a week, we schedule time for the two of us to have some kind of a date. These are simple things that reap huge rewards. For more marriage builders log onto Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Becoming The Woman of His Dreams, by Sharon Jaynes

The Sacred Us, February 22, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits