More Faith
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Do you ever wish you had more faith? I sure do! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently I found out my mom was scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram. She’d had cancer 15 years ago so I feared the worst. I prayed for strength and faith. I asked friends to pray for a miracle, but I was surprised when we got one.

After an ultrasound and a super-magnified mammogram, the radiologist told us he couldn’t see anything. The lump was gone! At first, I was shocked and a little doubtful. Then I felt guilty for not having more faith.

I wondered why God had been so faithful when I felt faith-less. (Pause) As I prayed He reminded me that His actions and love aren’t based on how much I pray, how hard I pray or what I pray. It’s not the size of my faith but the object of my faith that matters. And the object of my faith is Jesus! He’s big enough even when I feel like my prayers aren’t! For more encouragement in your faith, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, by Lysa TerKeurst

When The Bubbles Pop, May 30, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits