To Share or Not to Share
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

It was a simple request for my daughter to share her gum with her brother. But it turned into a lesson for the whole family. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. “Mom, it’s my last piece and I don’t want to give it away.” She had a good argument but what she didn’t know is I had a whole pack of gum in my purse that I was willing to give her if she made the right choice. So, I told her that it was good to get into the habit of being willing to sacrifice to bless others. In doing so, God would be pleased. It was her choice and she wound up choosing wisely. The whole interaction challenged me. How willing am I to go without to help another person? God loves to see His children have giving hearts and He has a lot more than a pack of gum to give us in return. For more spiritual encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs 31.org and click on Everyday Life.

Related Resources:
Small Acts of Grace, by Alice Gray

Joey and the Jeep, May 2, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits