Making a Difference
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Ever wonder if you’re making a difference? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I used to feel like my days were filled with endless tasks and meaningless motion since I did the same things over and over every day. It seemed like I had no influence or purpose. You see I was a mom who stayed home with children too young to notice anything I did. (Pause)

One day I was talking to God about how discouraged I felt. Then I remembered people in the Bible who made a difference in others lives not because of what they did, but because they depended on God. I realized it wasn’t what I did every day that mattered, but that my children saw me depending on God and not myself. When they saw me pray, read my Bible, or listen to music about God, they knew I was seeking His help. And, today, when I see my kids pray, read their Bibles, or listen to music about God, I can see that it did make a difference! (Pause) For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

A Woman of Influence, Free Devotion by Zoe Elmore

The Mommy Manual, by Barbara Curtis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits