Tuning My Thoughts
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I don’t know about you but sometimes I wake up feeling kind of down, and I’m tempted to go back to sleep until I feel better! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Waking up with these kinds of feelings makes it hard to get out of bed and face my day. But, I know I can’t depend on my feelings. They’re often just reflections of my thoughts.

One morning I woke up feeling sad and overwhelmed by thoughts of doubt – I can’t do it all, my life is too full, I am not cut out to be a wife, a mom and part of an organization that reaches out to women all around the world! My thoughts were against me and my feelings were too.

Just like tuning my radio to encouraging music when I wake up, I realized that I need to tune my mind to encouraging thoughts – like promises in the Bible that remind me God is for me. And if God is for me, why should I be against me? For more everyday life encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
The Confident Woman, by Anabel Gillham

A Touch of God’s Hand, April 12, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits