Expectations in Marriage
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I don’t know about you, but I think it’s hard to meet someone’s expectations when I don’t know what they are. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. A few years ago I asked my husband to describe his idea of a great marriage. His answer was surprisingly simple. He had three expectations that were most important to him. I decided to take his top three things and make them priorities in my day. It delighted him and took a lot of pressure off of me. In return, he asked me to describe what I needed from him and he started making more of an effort in these areas. We’ve found that the key to meeting each other’s needs is to communicate what our expectations are and discuss realistic ways to make them happen. Our marriage isn’t perfect but it’s so much more fulfilling now than ever before. For more marriage building ideas click on Everyday Life at Proverbs 31.org

Related Resources:
What A Husband Needs From His Wife, by Melanie Chitwood

Surrendering Your Marriage, September 5, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits