Diaper Rash
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

Remember when our parents said, “This hurts me as much as it hurts you?” Well, I think they really meant it! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ll never forget how awful I felt when my son was a baby and he’d get a bad case of diaper rash. I’d cringe at every diaper change when he screamed with pain. Then I’d try to comfort him, saying, “I’m so sorry it hurts, but I can’t leave you all messy! I have to clean you up so you can heal!”

I wonder how many times God says the same thing to us. When we’re going through something really painful and screaming out to Him to make it stop, I bet He’s saying, “I’m so sorry it hurts, but I can’t leave you all messy!” And just like it breaks our hearts to see our children go through pain even if it’s for their own good, it’s most likely hurting our Heavenly Father even more than it is hurting us! For more help in understanding God’s ways through every day life lessons, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Fear or Faith, Part One Online Devotion by Melanie Chitwood

The Character of God: Knowing His Heart Toward Us by Brian T. Anderson & Glynnis Whitwer

God’s Purpose for Every Woman Devotional Book, Edited by Lysa TerKeurst and Rachel Olsen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits