I Need to Vent!
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Ugggh, I just need to vent! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Isn’t it easy to “vent” about our spouses, our kids, our bosses and even our friends?

Venting is an easy way to release the fumes of frustration. But it tarnishes our relationships with distrust, caused by the bitterness of a critical heart and complaining lips. I can only imagine how terrible it would be to overhear my husband “venting” about me to his friends. Not only would I be mad at him, but I’d probably also start to feel insecure about myself and our relationship.

So, why should I waste time discussing people’s imperfections when saying nice things about them in front of others could strengthen my relationship with them? In fact, the next time I’m frustrated, instead of compromising someone’s trust by venting, I’m going to try to take my fumes to God and let Him fill my heart with His perspective and peace. For more encouragement click on everyday life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Taming Your Tongue, by Deborah Smith Pegues

The Sacred Us Online Devotion by Amy Carroll


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits