Inviting Others
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

Is my life an invitation to others? If so, I wonder what I’m inviting them to do! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently I was reading the book, “Captivating,” by John and Stasi Eldridge and was struck by one of the points they made. They said all women invite other women through their actions to do something.

Some women invite others to strive to look their best, say the right thing, and to be something more than they are. And some women invite others to bask in God’s love and to just be themselves. I wonder which invitation I extend? Honestly, it probably depends on the day. Sometimes I get caught up in the comparison game and I’m sure I make others feel they have to do the same. And, sometimes, with God’s help, I invite other women to feel free to be who God made them to be. My hope is that I am getting better each day at offering the second invitation far more than the first. For more encouragement, click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Reaping and Sowing”, July 17, 2007, Online Daily Devotion

“The Friendships of Women”, November 24, 2006, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits