Scars
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Karen Ehman

I have this ugly scar on my knee from falling down in the third grade. I also have a matching scar on my right hand. But these are small compared to the scars I can’t see. Hi I'm Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Besides physical scars, I also have emotional scars from hurtful words and painful memories as well as wounds from bad choices I’ve made.

It’s fairly easy to hide our physical scars by wearing clothes that cover them or applying medicines to make them fade. But what do we do with our emotional scars?

For years I tried to hide mine until I read in the Bible that God wants to comfort me so I can comfort others with the hope I’ve received from Him. However ugly or painful they may be, God can use our scars. He doesn’t want us to ignore the hurting places in our hearts. He wants to comfort us in the midst of them and, when we’re able, He wants us to do the same for others. For more encouragement in your Everyday life, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Scars by Karen Ehman, a Free P31 devotion August 24, 2007

Your Scars are Beautiful to God by Sharon Jaynes


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits