Good Day/ Bad Day
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Sometimes all it takes to turn a really good day into a really bad one is a misunderstanding with a friend. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. It had started out as a really good day and then an e-mail came that blasted me and called into question something that I had done. I was blown away by the harsh tone of the e-mail and suddenly my feelings were hurt and my day headed south. I wanted to be harsh back but then a verse came to mind that says “A gentle answer turns away wrath.” So, I spent a few minutes in prayer asking God to calm my heart and then I called my friend. I told her how much I appreciated her honesty and for caring enough about me to bring her concerns to my attention. But, then I took time to tell my side of the story and by the end of the conversation we were actually laughing and praying together. For more encouragement on Everyday Life, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Get Over It and On With It, by Michelle McKinney Hammond

Judge Not, June 8, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits