I’m Tired of My Husband
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I was saddened by what my friend was sharing. She was tired of her husband so she was leaving him because she found the man she dreamed of being with. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I was stunned by my friend’s decision. But just two years later I ran into this friend and was even more stunned by her confession. With tears in her eyes she admitted that fairy tales don’t exist. Every relationship feels thrilling at the beginning but then real life happens and marriage is hard work no matter who you are married to. When I asked her to tell me about her new husband she just kind of smiled and said, “Well, he’s hairy.” How telling that what was once so irresistible that she traded everything for it, had now been reduced to one word…hairy?! I’m convinced that in marriage the grass isn’t greener on the other side. The grass is greener where you water and fertilize it. For more helpful ideas on not just surviving but thriving in your marriage, log on to Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

"A Biblical Perspective on Marriage" by Lysa TerKeurst - February 13, 2006 Devotion

Capture His Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Every Husband Needs, by Melanie Chitwood


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits