When You Think About God
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

When you think about God, what do you see? Hi, I'm Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. One time I asked this question to a group of women. First, I had them close their eyes and think about God. Then they took turns describing what they saw. One woman saw someone like King Triton from Little Mermaid. Another saw a friendly man like Mr. Rogers. Nicole said she simply saw hands. Later, Nicole told me she was just beginning to search for answers about God. While driving home, I prayed that one day Nicole would see more than just hands. Then I realized those weren't just hands. They were God's hands reaching out to Nicole inviting her to trust Him. I wonder, “What do you see when you think of God?” Is He reaching out His hands offering His love and forgiveness to you? Are you ready to respond? If you'd like to begin a relationship with God, click on “Do You Know Him? at our website, Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Do You Know Him?

Our Image of God” by Renee Swope, October 19, 2005 Devotion

Who Holds the Key to Your Heart? by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits