Do Something for Yourself Every Day
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

What’ve you done for yourself today? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries and I want you to be honest. Have you done anything today just for you? I’m not talking about an hour long hot stone massage – although that would be good. But, have you taken even a moment to do something you want to do? With all we do for others it’s easy to put ourselves on the back burner. That’s also an easy way to burn ourselves out. So, I’m trying to do something for me every day. Maybe it’s extra time reading the Bible and listening to music. Or maybe it’s painting my toenails, reading a chapter of the novel that’s been on my nightstand for weeks, or watching my favorite design show. The point is that when I take 20, 30, or even just five minutes for myself, I’m much more willing and able to give all the other minutes away. For more encouragement in your many roles as a woman, log on to www.proverbs31.org

Related Resources

“Spring Into S.H.A.P.E.” by Micca Monda Campbell, May 30, 2006 Devotion

“Give A Mom A Minute,” by Trish Berg - ETC November 2005

The Bathtub is Overflowing, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits