The Art of Being Thankful
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

The art of thanksgiving is one we should pass on to our kids. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’m not talking about the holiday with turkey, but rather an attitude of thankfulness. Like most parents, I want the words thank you to fall easily from my children’s lips. But, since I know my kids will do what I do, not just what I say, I decided to take a look at how thankful I am. I found that even though I’m incredibly blessed, I usually forget to openly express my gratitude. So how can we help our kids and ourselves adopt a thankful attitude?

First, we need to remember to thank God for everything. Then, we need to intentionally verbalize our “thank yous”. Finally, we need to let our kids know that we expect a thankful attitude from them. By doing this, our homes will start to overflow with love and thankfulness! For more ideas on being thankful, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

“Thank You” by Susanne Scheppmann – May 5, 2005 Devotion

An Attitude of Gratitude” by Micca Campbell – November 2004 ETC

The Bathtub is Overflowing, But I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits