The Pineapple Lesson
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Let’s face it…a pineapple is only sweet to eat if you know how to get inside it! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries and for years I didn’t have a clue about how to cut up a pineapple so I could enjoy the wonderful treat beneath its tough outer skin. So, unless someone else was serving it, I simply settled for the canned version. At least I knew how to operate my can opener! But one day I watched a friend accomplish what I thought impossible. She didn’t miss a beat as she sliced and diced with ease. Watching her gave me courage to try it on my own. And, finally, I was able to help myself to the yummy fruit. Studying the Bible can be just like getting into that pineapple. Until you know how to do it, discovering God’s truths straight from the source can be a little intimidating. But, oh how sweet it is. If you need a friend to show you how to dig in to God’s word, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

“Got Wisdom?” by Rachel Olsen - April 28, 2006 Devotion

Close To You” by Marybeth Whalen - April 5, 2006 Devotion

Living Life on Purpose, by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Woman Magazine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits