The Power of Music
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

The other day I was listening to a 70’s and 80’s station and was shocked that I knew almost every word to almost every song! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. My memory perplexed me. How can I remember songs I haven’t heard in years but not remember what I need to get at the store on the way home? That’s the power of music. You probably remember the songs you grew up with as well. When I thought about it I realized why it’s important for my husband and me to carefully monitor what our kids hear. Some of the lyrics I was able to belt out were not words I’d want to hear my children singing. I’m so glad they’re growing up with a radio station that plays positive music that reinforces what we’re teaching them about life and God’s love for them. It’ll be fun in 20 or 30 years to see what songs they’re still able to sing along to. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Because, CD by Gwen Smith

“Do As I Do” by Kristy Tolley - May 24, 2006 Devotional

“Witness the Work of God To Your Children” by Glynnis Whitwer - June 8, 2005 Devotional


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits