Time-Out for Moms, Part 1
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Amanda Waldrop

I think I need a time-out! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. We moms all have days when our attitudes aren’t what they should be. And, it’s easy to let our emotions control us and operate based on how we’re feeling. If we’re feeling happy, patience isn’t a problem. But, if our stress level rises our patience can easily slip. If we feel organized, we can be stable. But, if things are misplaced, it’s easy to feel out of control and fly off the handle. This roller coaster of emotions is hard on everyone.

I’ve found the only stabilizing force when I’m experiencing emotional chaos is to take a time-out and ask God to calm me down. To allow God to give me what I need when I’m feeling off-balance is a daily discipline. I have to rely on His strength, power, control and provision. To find out more on how to live a balanced life in today’s busy world, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Give Mom A Minute”, by Trish Berg – ETC November 2005

Bathtub is Overflowing, by Lysa TerKeurst

The P31 Woman Magazine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits