Notice The Good
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I want to be a woman of the rare word. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

We are so quick to offer a complaint when things don’t go exactly right. And we are often forgetful with our thank you’s when things go well.

My husband owns a restaurant. To him it’s not just about serving a great chicken sandwich, it’s about serving a life. And he never qualifies his kindness. The grumpy customer gets the same kindness as the happy one. He is a man of the rare word.

The rare word is a kind word. A greeting and thank you to every person he meets.
It’s so easy to extend pleasantries to the person who’s treating me right. But what about that moment when things aren’t so right? Could I see it as an opportunity to reach past my feelings, my comfort, my rights and pursue righteousness in that moment?

I’m challenging myself to find the good. In every situation, in every interaction, in every day- to be a noticer of the good and a woman eager to speak the rare word.
Share your thoughts when you visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits