What Could I be Missing?
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I wonder if I ever miss out on something God wants to give me because I’m not in a place to receive it. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Recently I was trying to connect with my son’s teacher to give her a wedding gift before she moved away. No matter how hard we tried, something would go wrong and we’d miss each other. Finally, we decided to meet at her apartment on the day she was moving.

Well, when I got there, she was gone. I didn’t have her phone number with me, so I couldn’t call her. After waiting a while, I went home and found a message on our voicemail saying she’d gone to lunch and stayed longer than she’d planned.
It’s not that she didn’t want the gift - it’s just that she wasn’t in a place to receive it.

You know, I’m sure there are some gifts God wants to give me. Sometimes I just have to make sure my heart is in a place to receive them.

For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Visit Renee’s Blog

Everyday Life Encouragement, Hearing God, by Rachel Olsen

The Wonder of His Love: A Journey into the Heart of God by Nancy Stafford

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits