From Doubt to Dependence
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Do you ever doubt yourself with thoughts like “I’m not good enough” or “I’m not smart enough?” Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I recently surveyed over 1200 women about their self-doubts. Ninety percent said they often think things like, “I can’t do that.” ”I’m not good enough,” or “I’m not gifted enough.”

I’ve definitely felt that way and I used to beg God to take away all my doubts but, so far, He hasn’t.

Over time I’ve realized that instead of taking them away God uses my self-doubts to help me depend more on Him. When doubt fills my thoughts, I start to feel stuck. The only thing that helps me get unstuck is when I turn to God for help. It helps me to be honest with Him about how I’m feeling. Then I look for verses in the Bible that give me confidence.

Struggling with doubt can lead us to depend on God to help us stop listening to self-critical thoughts and start listening to His thoughts instead.

For more encouragement, click on Renee’s Blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Free devotion, My Thoughts vs. God’s Word, by Melissa Taylor

Self Talk, Soul Talk: What to Say When You Talk to Yourself by Jennifer Rothschild

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits