Delighting Ourselves in the Lord
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I got a phone call this week that I'd been waiting to get for more than 15 years! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. And while I'm thrilled, I'm painfully aware of the potential for disappointment as well. You see this call was full of possibility without any guarantees.I had to wonder; why is it so difficult when I build something up in my mind and then it all falls apart? My guess is that it’s because I think what I’m hoping for will finally fulfill me. So, what if this call gets my hopes up only to get another “no” answer?

Well, then I’ll have to see it as a gift. Maybe it’s God’s way to protect me or provide something better, or just part of the process of growing me closer to Him. It’s not easy- but I have to remind myself everyday to put my total trust only in God. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Free devotion, Still a Pretty Good Day, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Magazine

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits