A Simple Prayer
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ve found something that gets me going in the morning that’s even better than coffee! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently I started saying a very simple prayer when I wake up and I’m amazed at how it’s changed my mornings! Here’s what I say: “Lord I want to see You. I want to hear You. I want to know You. So I can follow hard after You.”

This prayer isn’t a magic formula. It just expresses my desire to really experience God. I want to see Him working in and through me. I want to hear Him speak to my heart. I want to know Him- not just about Him. And, I want to follow Him no matter what happens.

When I verbalize my heart’s desire this way, something inside of me shifts and I’m ready for the day. For more, click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Free devotion, Praying the Word of God, by Wendy Blight

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits