What’s the Hurry?
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

Have you ever noticed that babies are never in a hurry? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Unless they’re hungry or tired, babies will lie in your arms as long as you’re willing to hold them. Babies don’t have agendas that urge them to do something. They’re happy to be showered with love as long as you want to pour it on. I wonder if God wishes my time with Him was less hurried – I wonder if He wants me to rest in His arms like a baby, just content to be still and let Him shower me with His love! Sure, some days I only have a few minutes to read my Bible and talk with God before I head out the door. But, too often, even those times are hurried by the urgency of all that I need to get done. Next time we’re alone with God, let’s stop our hurry and rest like a baby in His loving arms. For more encouragement in your time alone with God, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Be Still and Know, by Van Walton - June 28, 2006, Devotion

Knowing God, by Micca Monda Campbell, August 12, 2005, Devotion

Running on Empty, by Arron Chambers

© 2008 Proverbs Ministries. All rights reserved.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits