A Heart’s Tug Towards Eternity
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Could a longing in your heart be a tug toward eternity? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I don’t believe God likes to play cruel jokes on us. I can’t see Him sitting in heaven chuckling while I’m crying. The Bible says God is good. Disappointments don’t mean He doesn’t care. Instead, they’re a reminder that this world is not our home. When I’m disappointed, I have to allow my heart to be drawn toward a fulfillment that can only be found in Jesus. If I argue with my husband, get discouraged by my kids, outgrow my favorite jeans, erase all the pictures in my digital camera by mistake or simply find myself feeling down, I need to ask Jesus to fill the void in my heart. Our disappointments are God’s reminders that this world is full of empty things that leave us unsatisfied. If you ache with a longing unfulfilled, log on to proverbs31.org to receive our free daily email.

Related Resources
Who Holds the Key to Your Heart?, by Lysa TerKeurst

Anxiety, by Melissa Taylor - May 1, 2006, Devotion

Worth Dying For, by Glynnis Whitwer - May 26, 2006, Devotion

Do You Know Him?

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits