Spoiled Milk
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Tracie Miles

It only takes one swallow of sour milk to realize it’s spoiled! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Milk usually spoils when it’s left out of the refrigerator for an extended period of time, or when it’s not kept at the right temperature. Well, sometimes I feel like my heart is just like spoiled milk!

If I don’t keep it fresh by reading God’s words in the Bible and giving it the right atmosphere for growth, my heart can spoil and develop impatience and bitterness. I hate to think of what my family would say if you asked what happens when my heart spoils. First my attitude gets sour and critical. Then, my words get sarcastic and I get too focused on getting my to-do list done.
The best way to prevent my heart from spoiling is to spend time reading my Bible, hanging out with people who love God, and doing things that show God’s love through my actions and words. For more ways to keep our hearts from spoiling, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Everyday Life, All Your Heart, by Melissa Taylor

God Calling, by A. J. Russell


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. I love this!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was just for me. I am in a rush to finish my work and driving my family crazy trying to keep everything "in line"
Thanks DR

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits