Super Mom vs. Slacker Mom
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Super Mom or Slacker Mom? That is the question. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. We moms can get so caught up in how other people view us that we find ourselves trying to become Super Mom! We want our kids to achieve, succeed, and act right at all times so we look good. We push ourselves to the point of being overly-involved in everything our kids do. Otherwise we fear we’ll be labeled a Slacker Mom.

You know, at the end of the day, I just want to be a good mom for the kids God has entrusted to my care. So, instead of wondering what kind of mom other people think I am; I need to trust that God will help me to do the best I can. God give me just enough grace, strength, love, wisdom, and courage to be the mom you want me to be. If you go back and forth between feeling Super and Slacker, log on to proverbs31.org for tips on how to keep a godly perspective on motherhood.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing, But I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

Love the Ones You’re With, by Renee Swope – August 11, 2005, Devotion

Living Life on Purpose, by Lysa TerKeurst

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits