Sweet Sleep
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Do you battle with sleeplessness? You’re not alone! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’m amazed at the number of people who struggle with insomnia. I don’t deal with it on an ongoing basis, but I’ve had nights where I was too consumed by my anxious thoughts. When my body’s still and all distractions are put aside, anxiety can invade the crevices of my thought life – particularly if I’ve had an extremely difficult or busy day. Life’s troubles and worries replay themselves in my mind, robbing me of precious physical rest. If you struggle with this, let me encourage you to try praying. The Bible says we can give our worries to God by talking to Him in prayer. Talk to Him about your mounting to do list, your relationship issues or whatever is troubling you. He responds by offering to exchange them for His peace and, who knows, maybe you’ll get a little shut-eye as well! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing, But I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

Cloud of Chaos, by Teresa Gregory - May 4, 2006, Devotion

The Comforter, by Sharon Jaynes - February 28, 2005, Devotion

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits