What’s That Smell?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Marybeth Whalen

Have you ever noticed that smells can trigger certain memories or feelings for you? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other day I baked a batch of brownies and very soon the entire room was filled with the sweet aroma of chocolate—yum! As I thought about the power of this particular smell, I thought of other aromas that I respond to: the smell of my favorite scented candle, a room that has just been cleaned with lemon-scented cleanser, and cinnamon toast baking in the oven all came to mind. All of these smells make me think of home and comfort. Our lives can also be a fragrant aroma. The Bible says we are the aroma of Christ. It goes on to describe us as having “the fragrance of life.” So how do I make sure that I am giving off a fragrance of life? I must spend time with God and let Him reveal to me daily how to make my heart attitude and actions smell sweet. It’s a choice we all have to make. To learn how to sweeten the scent of your life, go to www.Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God, by Sharon Jaynes

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, by Lysa TerKeurst

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits