I Don’t Want to be A Big Girl!
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently, tears flowed as my youngest daughter told me, "I don't want to be a big girl!" Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

When I asked her why she said, "Well, everyone keeps talking about how my 9th birthday is coming up in just a few days and how I'll be such a big girl. And then I'll have to LEAVE and go to college and it's just all stressing me out.” I assured her that college was a long way off and she could be my little girl for several more years. Then as quickly as all that emotion swept into her bedroom, it was gone. The problems of the world now solved!

Yes, being a mom can be tiring and monotonous. But tangled around all the doing is a gift of being. Being there to witness a person grow, discover, learn, and become is such an incredible thing. For more Mom encouragement, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free Devotion, Be Your Child’s Greatest Cheerleader, by Van Walton

being a GREAT MOM, raising GREAT KIDS, by Sharon Jaynes

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits