Thermometer vs Thermostat
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Tracie Miles

When it comes to making a difference in our communities are we thermostats or thermometers? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. A thermometer simply measures the temperature, but a thermostat changes the temperature. When I think about the difference between these two, I have to ask myself which one describes me. Do I simply adjust to my surroundings, or do I change them?

All of us can impact the people around us and make a difference in the world. But it’s so much easier to simply blend in and manage our own busy lives than to try to make a difference in other people’s lives. Yet, God’s tells us to be His hands and feet by reaching out to those in need. So, maybe we can send a card to a widow, run an errand for someone who’s sick, make a meal for a single mom, send a gift anonymously, or simply return the grocery cart for someone. For more ideas on how we can make a difference in our world, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

A Life That Says Welcome, by Karen Ehman

Everyday Life, Hospitalitudes, by Pat Ennis


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great analogy! Have never thought of myself as a thermostat. But I trust that I am impacting my world for Jesus. It is a great question to ask yourself and so it will keep me on track. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits